Ninety One Percent


I love my collectors.

Painting has allowed me to meet some of the most interesting people I've ever known. My collectors are scientists, aerospace pilots, doctors, writers, teachers, world-travelers, feminists, corporate executives, and even artists themselves - to name a few. I consider many of them to be close, personal friends - even though they may live in other parts of the world and we connect only through email.

I truly value the support I've received for my art. You all mean a lot to me. The connection between Artist & Collector is something that can only be experienced. :o)

I currently have 10 paintings hanging at The Happening Gallery in Los Angeles. These make up nearly ALL of the remaining art I have left. My walls, and my studio, are currently empty.

This Saturday, July 17th, from 6-9pm I will be participating in my first show in Los Angeles. Even though my work is collected across the country and internationally, this will be the farthest that I have gone to directly meet collectors and show my work in person. I'm happy to expand beyond Orange County and introduce myself to new (and old) collectors in LA.

Out of the 150 paintings I've made so far in my career (not counting earlier ones hidden in my closet) I've sold 137. That's above 91%.

I've been hesitant to say that number out loud since we first did the math a few months ago. I've sold pieces since then, and made new ones too. The percentage remains the same. I'm thrilled with this, but it also shows the limited nature of any given collection of work.

I work very slowly and very intentionally on my art, I nurture each piece until it's just the way I want it. Each painting takes months to complete. Often, because of this, I don't have many paintings available for purchase at any given time. I receive emails inquiring about future paintings, and I keep very busy with commissioned work. This doesn't allow for a lot of extra art to be made. I never seem to be able to keep a backlog of art on hand.


I have been working on new concepts and experimenting with new materials recently. The fruits of these explorations may not be available for some time, and the process of an artist is one that's constantly evolving.

It's crucial to me that people who want to are able to collect my art. I'm happiest when someone who truly connects with a piece is able to have the one they want. That's what being an artist is about for me, connecting with those who enjoy what I do.

I'd love to meet you and make your acquaintance this weekend. We can chat about life and art and I can show you the light reactive effects on each painting. My paintings cross over into sculpture in that they are intended to be seen from different angles as light plays across textures and surfaces. You can see new pieces as well as your favorites up close and personal.

It's really going to be a great show. I'm excited to see you there.

The Happening Gallery
4047 Lincoln Blvd
Marina del Rey, CA 90292


View Larger Map

No comments: