Warming Up

I have so much going on right now. So much.

All good. Just much.

I was "painting like a millionaire" today and completely ran out of beach sand. I also may or may not have gotten sand and/or paint in my eye. Hopefully I'll live.

Something I've learned already is that I need to be bolder in painting warm-colored paintings. I think I get trapped in my happy aqua-teal-turquoise-cool-aqua paintings too easily. Not that aqua-teal-turquoise-cool-aqua paintings are a bad thing, I just like to challenge myself, and red paintings (for instance) are a challenge. The funny thing is, and I've said this before, I always end up thinking my warm colored paintings are some of my best work. I think the challenge of it brings out new energy and focus.

However, the most exciting painting I'm currently working on is teal and white, and I'm totally okay with that.

But the REALLY exciting part of my Wednesday happens at 9pm. Really REALLY exciting:

2 comments:

pj said...

wtf. lol i had to look it up and confirm this was about "lost". i know, it's sad that i'm the only person in the universe (over 2 & under 80, perhaps) that doesn't have to have cable television. i'm sure someday i'll watch the season 1 dvds i got. then, if mass-obsession is any indication, i'll need the other seasons immediately. tsk.

shayla said...

lol..

i swear i must have mentioned this before...