Unwelcome Change


Maybe because it seems like Summer never really got started, but I'm not particularly ready to give it up for Autumn. I swear, one day the sun was straight over my balcony, providing perfect light for painting, and then POOF the next day it's at an angle behind the trees and rapidly moving towards the horizon by like 4 pm. Dag nabbit. I am smack dab right in the middle of a large painting too. ::sigh::

Well, anyway. I think it's September that I don't like, what with all the mourning over summer being gone, but I've always said that October brings many good things to me. So... Yay October. When it gets here.

In the meantime, I've been contemplating how to get myself on a more "normal" schedule. Actually, I'm not sure that such a thing exists for artists. Maybe I mean more "structure" rather than schedule. I get confused on how much time to spend on any one thing. I really really really really really want to finish my art book, but I keep getting distracted by painting instead. Painting and watching election coverage.

Election coverage ended up turning into Colin and I watching Season One of The Mole (COOP!) on YouTube. We already knew who the mole was, so it's kind of fun to watch the mole being all moley during the course of the game. I think Coop gives it away though. He obviously knows said mole better than the other players. I like how they insult each other by shouting "MOLE!" That wouldn't really work in real life.

"Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart. Not her wart! I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumor. My... my growth. My... uh, my pimple. I'm Uncle Wart. Just old Buck "Wart" Russell. That's what they call me. Or Melanoma Head. They'll call me that."

[hahahhhahahhhaha] (That was for Colin.)


Oh, and the big fancy November show I'm planning is going to be in February now. Just FYI. :o)

"Well, more time to paint, right?" --says basically every single person I know.

Indeed. The universe answers my lack of sun problem. Hurrah!

No comments: