Moonlight Serenade . 30x48 inches . 2007






1. natural lighting
2. artificial lighting
3. combined uv & artificial lighting
4. uv lighting only
5. no light (glow)


I really wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do. I honestly thought I had completed my "best" piece already.

I realized something during the making of this painting. Well, two things. First, I think June is possibly the most beautiful and inspiring month of the year. I felt especially creative last June as well. Second, green was my very favorite color as a child, and now I remember why.

There's this tree by my apartment that shades the balcony and all our windows with a soft, shady, green light. The leaves are at their peak in June. It makes my whole world suddenly private and serene, and I convince myself that I'm just staying at some tranquil retreat in a far away village. Even with last minute show preparations plaguing my concentration, I have felt quite peaceful.

I've been paying great attention to the moon this summer. Moonlight is a much more romantic light than any other, don't you think? Stars float about the sky, and the moon shimmers down a gossamer glow that brightens the whole night out of darkness. God does not associate darkness with the moon. The nighttime we enjoy is a painting in itself. It's just heavenly. :o)

This painting is dedicated to the 2 men in my life whom I have loved more than anything else in the world. They have taught me how to be romantic. They have taught me how to see the moonlight. I love each of them more than I can say. I wish I could express to you how much I adore my husband. He is the greatest friend I could ever wish for. If I was able, I would give him the moon. I am in love.

I wish my Grandpa were here.


MOONLIGHT SERENADE
by Glenn Miller

I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight.
I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night.
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade.

The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming.
My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming?
I bring you and sing you a Moonlight Serenade.

Let us stray till break of day
in love's valley of dreams.
Just you and I, a summer sky,
a heavenly breeze kissing the trees.

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night.
I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight,
a love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade.

1 comment:

Colin said...

This is my favorite one so far. I can't wait to see what's next.

-C