Moon Balls - New Winter Ornament for 2011







***SOLD OUT! Thank you!

I really enjoy making these. Sometimes I feel as though I don't get to decorate properly for the holidays, because of our endlessly busy schedule, small home, and ever-growing studio needs. I have dreams one day of elaborate decorations. One day. :)

In the meantime, I've made it a tradition to make and share ornaments with you. Last year I made yellow and orange "Solar Balls" so it seemed fitting to work with more "moon" colors this year. I would probably say they're more "mother of pearl" colored than anything else. New materials means fancier ornaments! Like pearls or opals, these really do shift in color right before your eyes.

Apparently many of my collectors simply hang theirs in a window all year. Fun! They can sparkle all day long and glow like the moon all night. For this reason, I now think of these more like small, spherical paintings that I simply release during the holiday season, rather than specifically holiday ornaments. It's up to you. :)

I have very few to go around, and have sold a bunch already before I was even able to post this. If you'd like one, head over to the Moon Ball section in my Etsy shop. 


I will be out of town from Thanksgiving until December 5th, so no shipping will happen between those dates. If you'd like one before then, best to order it now. :)

No comments: