Adrift . 30x24 inches . 2011





1. natural lighting
2. artificial lighting
3. combined UV and artificial lighting
4. UV lighting alone
5. no light

Ingredients: acrylic, beach sand, crushed glass, phosphorescent pigments, water & light on canvas.

Making my way through the month. It's strange to have such awesome things and such sad things happen simultaneously. It's not a month I care to repeat, but I recognize that with success comes increased activity. It's hard to schedule the sad, unforeseen circumstances in. As I get older, I'm learning to assume they'll sneak up occasionally.

I'm starting to feel an overall calm in my life, mostly because the alternative is scary. I have no choice but to surrender my anxieties and allow life to happen since I can't control all aspects of it anyway. I want to enjoy my show. I want to calmly enjoy my trip to Japan. I want to remain lucid and awake, observing and experiencing everything. I want each step to be purposeful.

I'm working on it.

Adrift will be on display at my show this coming Saturday (!) March 26th, from 6-10pm.

If you'd like to reserve this painting before the show, contact me for details. *UPDATE* This painting is now sold!

Studio C
6448 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038


View Larger Map

Very much hope you can be there. :)



Two paintings left to unveil!

No comments: