Solstice already?!



Sheesh. I'm so not ready for the sun to start disappearing faster everyday. I resent the darkness of winter. (Okay okay, we would all be dressed like that in December anyway. It's not like I live in Canada.)

June is usually a very creative month for me, and not that this one isn't, but I think I'm noticing a slightly more defined "pattern" in my Junes than I have before. In the constant mental battle of cool colors vs. warm colors, I seem to bleed aqua and teal and turquoise this month every year. I hadn't thought of it before, but this is easily the 4th June in a row in which my biggest artsy obsession has been making a painting as Teal as I can make it. I'm not sure what it is about this time of year that causes it. Maybe it's just a regular cycle of color exploration that happens to fall in June, rather than the environment of June causing it.

If I haven't said so before, I blame my mother for this. When I was little, I used to regard her love of teal as "quirky" at best, and mostly an unfortunate influence of too many butterflies and too much 1980s.

NOW LOOK AT ME.

1 comment:

Rev. said...

My mom loved butterflies too and the color turquoise. My dad mad a butterfly handle for her screenn door. Wonder where it is now?