Japanese Artistry

For my birthday each year, we always go to Gen Kai in Dana Point, where we've been going regularly (or in my mom's case, weekly) for... yeesh... 14 years now? Yikes.

Anyway, we go there because it's THE BEST, and because once you have a relationship with your sushi chefs, you are guaranteed the best meal possible.

We always get Omakase anyway, but at one point I told sushi master Jun to make something that HE thinks is really incredible, that HE would want to eat.

This was the result. I felt especially honored when he expressed that it was made extra special and with extra detail on account of me being an artist. Wow.



It was some sort of mind-blowing black cod, onion, and lotus root extravaganza, and it was almost too perfect to eat. In fact, it was so good that I felt compelled to end my meal on it. I wanted to savor the after-flavor with my sake. Yum. (I do not think it's odd to gush over good sushi.)

Jun-san:



Domo arigato gozaimasu.

No comments: