Metablogging



I find people's interactions with their own blogs very interesting. Some people prefer the personal, friend's only, "livejournal" type blogging, of which I don't really understand myself, but that's mostly because I don't have any desire to pour my soul out to my friends via the internet (or bore them with the mundane details of what I did hour by hour last Saturday.) Others only post images of their step by step processes of making art, which *I* might happen to find interesting, depending on the art, but it doesn't tell much at all about the person writing.

Mostly what I find interesting is the type of metablogging that I see, where people discuss their blogging philosophies on their blogs.

Some people like to announce their renewed commitments to blogging on their blogs, while others are weighted down by the pressures of consistent blogging and feel the need to officially "sign-off" or post lengthy goodbye letters to their readers about the lack of time they have to blog (which inevitably only lasts for the amount of time they're too busy and ends again when they feel inspired to write something.)

I think blogs should really be more like a stream of consciousness that happens when it happens, depending on what you're doing and what you want to share, according to your purposes for blogging in the first place. If you don't have anything to blog about for months at a time, then don't blog about anything. If you do, then do. Easy.

No announcements. No semi-emotional goodbyes. No apologies. No pressure. No commitments. No guilt. No discussing your blogs on your blogs.

Er...


dammit.

No comments: